- Bethany Food Pantry (Despensa de Comida Betania)
All Saints’ Bethany Food Pantry, located in the Parish Activities Center, is open for distribution on Tuesdays from 5:00 – 8:00 PM and Fridays from 9:00 – 11:30 AM. Donations can be brought to Mass and placed in the bins in the narthex (gathering space) of the church. The Bethany Food Pantry can be reached by leaving a voice-message (703-366-1655) or emailing Marie Klatt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington
Counselors – Lorenzo Resendez / Daniel Delcoco – (703) 425-0109
Hogar Immigrant Services (Legal Assistance) – (703) 534-9805
- Jail Ministry – Offering spiritual and emotional assistance to inmates and their families.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society (Sociedad de San Vincente de Paul) – For over 170 years, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul has offered tangible assistance to those in need on a person-to-person basis and assumes a role of advocacy for those who are defenseless or voiceless. Aid may take the form of intervention, consultation, direct dollar or in-kind service. The Society’s 160,000 trained volunteers in the United States provided 11.6 million hours of volunteer service in 2015, helping more than 14 million people through visits to homes, prisons, and hospitals at a value of nearly $1 billion dollars. Contact St. Vincent de Paul Society at (703) 368-2429 (English) or (703) 393-1483 (en Espanol).
Pastoral Care Services
For information on any of the following services, please contact Gillian Quintana, All Saints’ Pastoral Care, at (703) 393-1411 or email@example.com.
- Bereavement Support
An adult bereavement support group is offered twice a year, in the fall and spring. The group meets on Friday evenings for six weeks.
- Bus Driving Ministry
Ambulatory parishioners are picked up and taken to the All Saints Sunday 9:30 AM Mass from local nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The buses do not pick up from private homes. Contact Gillian Quintana if you would like to drive or be involved in this ministry.
- Cancer and Prayer Support
This group, which provides support for cancer victims and caregivers, meets on the 4th Monday of each month in the church library from 1:00-2:00 PM.
- Golden Agers
From September thru June, seniors gather in the Parish Activity Center on the second Tuesday of the month. Rosary begins at 11:30 AM. A hot lunch is served at noon. Entertainment is provided at 12:45 p.m. All senior parishioners 55 years of age and over are invited.
- Sick and Home Bound
Volunteers and Eucharistic Ministers visit the home bound once we are notified of a need. Volunteers are needed to help provide respite for family caregivers by shopping, sitting with a family member, driving to local doctor appointments or to provide an occasional meal.
- WOW – Widows or Widowers
WOW is a group to socialize with, to help overcome the loneliness, to share experiences and form new friendships. Come and meet with those who have walked a similar path as you.
Nursing Home Outreach
- Members of this outreach led by Carol Rice sing and assist patients attending Mass at Arbor Terrace, Birmingham Green and Willow Oaks. Contact the Parish Office for more information at (703) 368-4500.
- Gabriel Project
Are you a new or expectant mother looking for help during this joyful and sometimes apprehensive time? Our mentors are available to assist you during this time of transition utilizing their experience in raising children and in living a life firmly rooted in Christ. So, whether you’re a brand new mom or a mom looking for support because you are new to the area, contact Gabriel Project at (703) 841-3810 or GabrielProject@arlingtondiocese.org.
All Saints’ Pro-Life activities promote the defense and celebration of the sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death. Its active leadership role in the parish finds a special concern for the most vulnerable human life, the child in the womb longing to be born. Its scope reaches out to all life issues including abortion, health care, euthanasia, assisted suicide, capital punishment, prison reform, and stem cell research on human embryos.