Updates on Pandemic Health Precautions (18-Nov-2020)
The Catholic Diocese of Arlington has issued amended directives, based on Governor Northam’s Executive Order 67 (Nov. 13, 2020). The items that affect Mass attendance (Religious Services) are:
- (Revison) Individuals attending “religious services” must be seated at least six feet apart at all times and must practice physical distancing at all times. Family members may be seated together.
- Face Coverings · (Revision) All persons aged 5 and older are expected to wear a face covering in accordance with the revised Executive Orders 63 & 67.
- Statement from the Catholic Diocese of Arlington on Implementation of Governor Ralph Northam’s New Statewide Restrictions to Contain the Spread of COVID-19
- See Guide to the Lay Faithful – English Spanish
Phase III of re-entry began July 1st. Note that this did not change the number of people that can be seated in the church. Our limiting factor currently is the social distancing that is required. Even though there is no capacity percentage limit in place, the social distancing requirement is what limits the number of people who may be admitted.
A Mass reservation must be made in order to attend Mass. Public Masses are being held at the following times:
- 5:30 pm English
- 7:30 am English
- 9:30 am English
- 11:30 am English (also livestreamed)
- 1:30 pm Spanish (also livestreamed)
- 3:30 pm Spanish
- 5:30 pm English
- 7:00 pm Spanish
please note the following steps to make your reservation:
Review Directives – It is important that you review the list of Directives for Phase III Re-opening (English) / Directivas para la Fase III Reapertura de Misas (español) prior to making your reservation.
Make your Reservation – You must make a reservation to attend Saturday/Sunday Mass. No one will be admitted to the church for Mass without a reservation. The Mass reservation system for the following Sunday typically opens on Wednesday at 1:00 PM.
If you have Internet access, use the links provided to access the reservation system and book your reservation for Mass. Note, if you do not have Internet access, you may call Linda Gaynord at the parish office (703-393-1430) and she will make a reservation for you.
Please remember to wear a mask to church. There are exceptions for medical conditions. We recommend that you arrive with adequate time before Mass begins, so that you may find seats for your family/household to sit together. Thank you!
Please watch this video (English and Spanish versions shown below) from the Diocese of Arlington regarding guidelines for maintaining safety and protocol during Mass.